Day 14: We trace the origins of Jingle Bells, Batman Smells in the 1992 holiday episode of Batman, the Animated Series: Christmas with the Joker.
On this episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), a hand-animated woodland owl delighted to see a fast food mascot in my front yard.
- Jay Amabile (@sexyarmpit), from the Sexy Armpit and the Purple Stuff Podcast.
- Joey O. (@ImGonnaDJ24), from Y-Not Radio and Words with Nerds.
Topics and tangents
- The crowdsourced origins of Jingle Bells, Batman Smells.
- Batman, the Animated Podcast’s episode on Christmas with the Joker.
- The Arkham Sessions’ episode on Christmas with the Joker.
- Jay’s original blog on Gotham City being in New Jersey.
- Mark Hamill’s original vocal performance as Ferris Boyle in Heart of Ice, before replacing Tim Curry as the Joker
- Mark Hamill’s comic book nerd mockumentary, Comic Book: The Movie.
- Mark Hamill’s longtime obsession with David Letterman.
- Charles Manson apparently spent this Christmas at Arkham Asylum before spending a later Christmas in Nebraska on an episode of South Park.
- Joker’s “Laffy” hand puppet reminds us of Señor Wences.
- His upside-down mouth puppet is even weirder.
- The Betty Blooper doll looks like Toot from Drawn Together.
- Of course the Joker is hiding out at the Laffco Toy Factory; look at it.