A salute to all holiday specials, but mostly the Christmas ones. Every December, host Mike Westfall and friends discuss their favorite Christmas and holiday TV specials and commercials.
Day 6: Let’s have a good, old-fashioned Christmas down on the farm in 1987’s A Garfield Christmas Special, featuring the voices of Squiggy and Ursula.
On this episode
Topics and tangents
- Gregg Berger, the voice of Odie, talks about the Christmas special in an interview by friend of the podcast Joey O.
- On lasagna as a Christmas food and how including shrimp as one of the Seven Fishes is cheating, you cheaters.
- Dinosaur Dracula identifies all of Garfield’s Christmas presents in the opening credits.
- Going long on the dinner prayer, plus the perfect gift for Grandma: an engraved grace-stoppin’ spoon.
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s The Night Santa Went Crazy is better than Christmas at Ground Zero. Change my mind!
- The simultaneously best and worst line in the history of animated Christmas specials for children.
- How does Binky, the Clown who Saved Christmas, save Christmas?
After this episode
The Advent Calendar House is on the web at adventcalendar.house, on Twitter @adventcalhouse, and part of the Christmas Podcast Network.